Insurance Product Information Document
Company: AWP P&C SA, registered office 7 rue Dora Maar, 93400 Saint-Ouen, France. Registration no. 519490080 RCS, authorised by L’Autorite de Contr6Ie Prudentiel et de Resolution in France and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
Product: Wrightsure Client Holiday Travel Insurance – Single Trip Policy
What is this type of insurance?
This is travel insurance which covers you while travelling, for various events such as: medical emergencies; delayed or missed departures;
cancelling or cutting short your journey; delayed possessions and lost or stolen possessions.
What is insured?
- Cancelling your journey – loss of pre-paid travel and accommodation expenses.
- Travel delay- a benefit after a major delay to outbound or return transport at the departure point or the costs to abandon your trip on the outbound journey only.
- Missed departure – extra transport or accommodation costs to continue your journey, if you miss your outbound or return transport.
Personal accident – compensation if you die, lose your
- sight or a limb or are unable to ever work again following an accident on your journey.
- Emergency medical expenses – hospital fees, curtailment, repatriation, funeral and dental costs incurred if taken ill or injured on your journey.
- Hospital benefit – compensation payable if you have to have in-patient treatment during your journey.
- Personal property – cover for items lost, stolen or damaged on your journey.
- Delayed baggage- costs to replace essential items temporarily lost by the transport provider on your outward journey.
- Personal Money- cover for cash, travellers cheques and travel tickets lost, stolen or damaged on your journey.
- Loss of passport – costs to obtain temporary documents on your journey.
- Personal liability – costs for damage you cause to a third party or their property (including your booked accommodation if not owned by you, a family member or friend).
- Legal expenses – legal costs and representation, to pursue a compensation claim against a negligent third party responsible for your death, injury or illness.
What is not insured?
- Claims where you cannot provide sufficient supporting evidence.
- Taking part in activities where there is an increased risk of injury, unless we have agreed in writing.
- More than the maximum benefit limits (and sub-limits when these apply) shown in each section.
- The policy excess that is applicable to each person, section and/or claim.
- Claim circumstances you were aware of before your policy was issued or trip booked (whichever is later).
- Claims that are caused as a direct or indirect result of something you are claiming for such as loss of earnings as a result of being delayed in returning.
Are there any restrictions on cover?
- Cover is only available to residents of the UK (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Isles of Scilly).
- Claims relating to existing medical conditions may be excluded.
- Your policy may contain a limit on the age of the insured persons and certain levels of cover may be restricted according to their age.
- There is a limit on the length of the journey that can be covered.
- There are General Conditions that you have to meet for cover to apply.
- General exclusions apply to the whole policy and each section contains exclusions specific to that section.
Where I am cover?
You can select the area of cover that is most appropriate for your travel plans. Cover will not apply if you travel outside the area that you have chosen. The area you have chosen will be shown on your booking confirmation. You will not be covered if you travel to a country or region where the Foreign and Commonwealth Office has advised against all travel or all but essential travel. For further details, visit gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
What are my obligations?
• Answer any pre-sale questions as truthfully and accurately as possible.
• Read your policy carefully to ensure you have the cover you need.
• Tell us as soon as possible if there are any changes to your circumstances that may affect your cover, or if it is likely you will need to make a claim.
• You should take reasonable care to protect yourself and your property against accident, injury, loss and damage and to minimise any claim.
When and how do I pay?
You will need to pay your policy premium in full in order for cover to apply. All cover will end if payment is incomplete or rejected, or if the policy is cancelled.
The premium can be paid using one of the payment options given to you at the time of purchase of this insurance .
When does the cover start?
Your policy provides cover during the period shown on your booking confirmation.
How do I cancel the Contract?
You have 14 days from the date of receiving your policy documents, to ensure that they meet your requirements.
If you wish to cancel the contract during this period, please use the contact details provided in the policy.
Your premium will be refunded in full, although if you have travelled, made a claim or intend to make a claim, we will recover the costs for providing these services.
You may still cancel the contract after this 14 day cancellation period but no refund will be made.